MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Monday, September 14, 2009

Lily Catherine's First Ballet Class

This morning Lily Catherine had her very first ballet class. She is taking lessons at Ann Carroll School of Dance in Franklin which is where I took dance for 15 years. I even used to be the demonstrator with her teacher Miss Jeanne when I was in high school.

The two-year-old class is the Belle class (named for the Disney Princess), so all the girls wear yellow leotards, since Belle's princess dress is yellow. When I got Lily Catherine all dressed and ready to go this morning with her tights, leotard, and ballet shoes, I must admit that I got a little misty-eyed. But that soon passed as we raced to get everyone in the car and out the door to head to "dancin' school" as Lily Catherine calls it. We actually got there a little early and had time to meet some new dance friends before class began.


Outside the building, sitting on one of the benches.

Running down the hall to the studio after Miss Jeanne invited the class in.

Waiting for Class to begin.

Standing next to her dot on the floor.

Watching Miss Jeanne hand out "Belle" coloring pages at the end of the class.

Checking out her "Belle" coloring page after class.

While the class was going on, I sat with Charlotte in the lobby and got to know the other moms. The best thing was they have televisions in the lobby, and we could see the whole class. Lily Catherine was the first one start following Miss Jeanne as she danced around the room. She wasn't shy at all, but she also did a very good job of following all of the directions and doing exactly what Miss Jeanne was asking her to do.

Tonight when Lily Catherine said her prayers, she said thank you for Miss Jeanne 5 times, Ballet 1 time, and new friends 1 time, so I am pretty sure she loved it.

2 comments:

Eilas Photography said...

Looks like she had more fun than Eisley, who cried the whole time. :)

Erin Bucher said...

I love it!I cannot believe you two have girls that are dancing at ACSD. That is so precious. Doesn't it seem like yesterday when we were dancing there? Call me when it is Parent's day. I want to come see them perform!